Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A activity within the payments industry remains relatively low as we near the end of the first quarter. While activity is minimal, there is some movement that is shifting the landscape. Mastercard has made their first acquisition of the year with their agreement to acquire the cloud-based cybersecurity firm, Baffin Bay Networks. With this acquisition, Mastercard is able to further enhance their multi-layered security offerings that mitigate risk and ensure seamless payment transactions. This acquisition will ultimately build upon Mastercard’s existing risk analytics solution, RiskRecon. Separately, the European-based payment infrastructure provider, Mangopay, has announced today their acquisition of WhenThen. This acquisition complements Mangopay’s existing platform as well as enables the company to add scale and new functionality to its global payment offerings. This deal follows Mangopay’s recent acquisition of Nethone from late 2022, which added fraud detection capabilities to its product suite.
In other M&A news, the private equity firm Motive Partners is reportedly in acquisition talks with ACI Worldwide, according to people familiar with the matter. Motive Partners has supposedly been seeking financing in recent weeks for this potential deal with ACI. It is uncertain if these allegations are accurate.
You might also like…
- 2023 Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by Stax– TSG’s comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,500 data points on 315+ companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- M&A Winter is Coming – Commentary by Jim Zipursky, Chairman & CEO of Corporate Finance Associates Worldwide, a Strategic M&A Partner of TSG.
- TSG Announces 2023 Top Performing Payment Gateways – TSG is pleased to recognize a selection of payments companies for their exceptional performance across several key areas critical to a successful platform.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.