Click here to read TransactionWatch | Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A activity within the payments industry slows down over the past two weeks as we emerge into the final month of the year. While activity has dwindled from the earlier part of November, there is one acquisition to note. The European payments provider, Mangopay, announced this week their acquisition of Nethone for an undisclosed sum. This acquisition aims to increase approval and conversion rates for sellers using Mangopay’s platform. This acquisition follows Advent International’s majority investment in Mangopay from earlier this year. As part of that deal, Advent International pledged 75 million euros to support Mangopay’s growth initiatives, which is evident from this week’s acquisition of Nethone. Separately, as part of a wider partnership, Mastercard has taken a minority stake in Conferma Pay. This investment builds upon Sabre’s acquisition of Conferma Pay this past August and further accelerates the use of virtual cards through their platform.
In other M&A news, the B2B platform, Coupa Software, is reportedly in acquisition talks with the private equity firm Vista Equity Partners, according to sources familiar with the matter. Coupa Software’s share price increased approximately 30% following this news.
You might also like…
- Available Now: 2022 Payment Gateway Directory – This resource includes 110+ payment gateway providers from large international players, to regional startups; covering 3,500+ data points.
- TSG Acquires Software Company Global NetWatch – The addition of Global NetWatch reinforces TSG’s commitment to providing clients with impactful, value-added services.
- Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by FIS – TSG’s most comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,000 data points on more than 320 companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.