Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A movement pursues across the payments landscape as several announcements transpire over the past couple weeks. To start, Aurora Payments announced today (April 20th) their acquisition of NailSoft, a POS software platform catered towards the health and beauty industry. With this acquisition, Aurora Payments is able to increase their existing presence within this market vertical while also expand their product suite for their growing merchant base. This acquisition also demonstrates payment provider’s increased focus towards driving growth through ISV acquisitions and partnerships. Separately, POSaBIT announced a notice of termination from Akerna Corp. related to their previously announced agreement to acquire MJ Platform, Leaf Data Systems and Ample Organics. The rationale of this termination was the result of a superior third-party offer provided to Akerna. This termination notice recently follows POSaBIT’s other acquisition announcement earlier this month of Hypur, a compliance solution provider, for $7.5 million.
In other M&A news, the Australian-based payments firm EML Payments is reportedly considering a sale as the company undergoes a strategic review. The company has appointed an investment bank to conduct the review and consider all options to maximize shareholder value.
You might also like…
- 2023 Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by Stax– TSG’s comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,500 data points on 315+ companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- M&A Winter is Coming – Commentary by Jim Zipursky, Chairman & CEO of Corporate Finance Associates Worldwide, a Strategic M&A Partner of TSG.
- TSG Announces 2023 Top Performing Payment Gateways – TSG is pleased to recognize a selection of payments companies for their exceptional performance across several key areas critical to a successful platform.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.