Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A activity steadily picks back up this past couple weeks with several industry announcements. To kick things off, Ingenico announced last week they have acquired the softPOS provider, Phos, for an undisclosed sum. With this acquisition, Ingenico is able to expand their ecosystem of products and services for their partners, including payment service providers and ISVs, as well as their merchant base. This acquisition also largely complements Ingenico’s Payments Platform as a Service (“PPaaS”) strategy and increases their market reach through Phos’ device agnostic approach. Separately, the POS provider, POSaBIT, has acquired Hypur in a cash and equity transaction valued at $7.5 million, which represents a revenue multiple of 1.4x. With this purchase, POSaBIT is expanding their payment and compliance solutions for the cannabis industry as they seek to be a one-stop shop for retailers. This deal follows POSaBIT’s recent acquisitions of MJ Platform, Leaf Data Systems, and Ample Organics from earlier this January.
In other M&A news, Parthenon Capital announced this week the closing of their acquisition of Global Payments Gaming Solutions, which is now rebranded as Pavilion Payments. This acquisition was initially announced in February and was valued at $415 million.
You might also like…
- 2023 Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by Stax– TSG’s comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,500 data points on 315+ companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- M&A Winter is Coming – Commentary by Jim Zipursky, Chairman & CEO of Corporate Finance Associates Worldwide, a Strategic M&A Partner of TSG.
- TSG Announces 2023 Top Performing Payment Gateways – TSG is pleased to recognize a selection of payments companies for their exceptional performance across several key areas critical to a successful platform.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.