As the year winds down we thought you might enjoy a round-up of some of the hottest payments content The Strawhecker Group (TSG) released in 2021.
What are your plans for 2022? Shoot us a message and find out how TSG can support your strategies in the new year and beyond.
- TSG & ETA Release Findings from U.S. Consumer Holiday Spending Survey →
- US consumers were surveyed to understand spending habits, payments preferences, and opinions on emerging payment technologies this holiday season
- Cash, Card, or Crypto? SMBs Aren’t Ready to Join the Crypto Craze →
- New research (and infographic) from TSG analyzes small business acceptance, attitudes, and adoption of cryptocurrency
- Credit Card Killer? BNPL Booms with Young Americans →
- As a way to better understand usage, experiences, and trust surrounding BNPL, TSG surveyed over 1,500 U.S. consumers early this year
- The Ultimate Guide to Understanding Payment Facilitation →
- From the who’s who, to the future of payments, this 13-page white paper is packed with info to help you keep up with an evolving payment landscape
- U.S. SMB COVID-19 Perspectives →
- SMBs were surveyed in April to understand how the pandemic is impacting operations and payments acceptance (get more COVID insights here)
- Insights Gained from Analyzing 110+ Payment Gateways →
- Dive into can’t miss trends using data from TSG’s latest Payment Gateway Directory
- The Payment Processing Landscape: 10 Key Insights →
- Dive into 10 can’t miss trends using data from TSG’s latest Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers
Data as a Superpower
- Slowing The Merchant Portfolio Attrition Drip – Quality Account Sales Strategies →
- Merchant portfolio attrition is inevitable, but these quality account sales strategies will help slow the drip.
- Past, Present, and Future: The COVID Effect on Payments →
- This article focuses on the impact of COVID-19 during 2020, the recovery in 2021, and forecasting into the future
- What is Meaningful Data? Key Questions for Payments Leaders →
- On the quest to make data comparable and accessible for our clients the goal and the challenge remain the same – what is the “correct” metric?
- Beneath the Surface: Merchant Portfolio Flywheel Ebbs and Flows →
- An acquiring merchant portfolio, like the surface of the sea, may seem calm and steady at times, but there are many forces and undercurrents at play beneath
- Merchant Portfolio Value – Strategies to Improve Growth Factors →
- A merchant portfolio’s success and value are predicated upon growth factors. Reviewing and implementing specific strategies should be the focus of any merchant portfolio manager.
Payments Industry M&A
- What is My Multiple? →
- COVID-19 has had a direct impact on valuations and multiples, from both buyer’s and seller’s perspectives. TSG’s infographic provides some clarity in the chaos.
- Payments M&A Activity →
- TSG’s free weekly newsletter for payments executives covering the most important and relevant merchant acquiring M&A activity
- Appraising Market Value and Beyond →
- Learn how TSG used a valuation exercise to help an ISO open the door to several strategic opportunities allowing for growth and long-term profitability
- An Interview with the Industry’s Foremost Expert on Valuations →
- TSG recently sat down with Senior Associate, Ray Sobczyk, to learn more about his experience in the payments industry and his work with TSG’s Buy/Sell Team
- Bank of America Head of Merchant Services, Guy Harris →
- Guy Harris talks about his payments journey and how BofA is continuing to grow and evolve its merchant services offering
- Fortis CEO, Greg Cohen →
- TSG sat down with Greg to learn more about Fortis and Greg’s 20+ year journey through the payments industry
- Head of Carat and Global Digital Commerce at Fiserv, Nanden Sheth →
- TSG sat down with Nandan to learn more about Carat and how they are helping enterprise merchants collaborate limitlessly
- NMI CEO, Vijay Sondhi →
- TSG sat down with Vijay to learn more about his 25+ year journey through the payments industry and how NMI has found success and growth
- Head of Clover Solutions, Jeff Dickerson →
- TSG sat down with Jeff to learn more about Clover and how it has taken the SMB payments industry by storm
Recognizing Industry Leaders
- TSG Announces 2021 Restaurant Smart Terminal Provider of the Year →
- Fiserv’s Clover is receiving this award for the second year in a row, while NAB’s Payanywhere received second place.
- TSG Recognizes Leading Payment Gateways with 2021 API Awards →
- Recognized companies include Adyen, CSG Forte, Fortis, and Visa
- TSG Announces Shopping Cart Provider of the Year →
- Shift4 was selected for this year’s award. The feature-rich platform, Shift4Shop, stood above the rest with its comprehensive eCommerce offering.
- TSG Announces Omnichannel Provider of the Year →
- TSG is honored to recognize Fiserv and Cybersource in this year’s award